If you haven’t already, it’s worth taking a good look at our latest Transport module – v4. It’s so easy to use and and provides the platform for such smooth processing of applications, that I feel particularly enthusiastic about its potential to save significant time for local authority teams.
What’s special about Transport v4?
As part of our full solution for managing transport services, Transport v4 and our new Transport Portal have been designed to work together, so that parents and carers can submit online transport applications. This means the data is effectively entered directly in your system – for example, after the parent has completed and submitted the form, your team then has instant access to that data from the back office, with no need to enter that data separately.
With its process-driven design, Transport v4 also offers batch allocation of journeys and issuing of tickets, putting an end to time-consuming repetitive processes – once the applications have been approved, they’re then processed together. Additional powerful functionality featured in Transport v4 is the route-planning – it’s fascinating to see how all the data in the system gets ‘crunched’ to allocate routes for each student. It’s even quicker still if you use the GIS option.
Moving to Transport v4 – your to-do list…
You’ll need to move to v4 to be able to benefit from the new features. To help you plan for this migration, we’ve put together a useful calendar, showing when it would be best to start particular tasks, and how these fit in with the activities being undertaken by your transport team.
…and options for if you’d like some help
To help you move over to Transport v4 successfully, and ensure that you can benefit from the full functionality offered, we’ve designed an implementation service pack comprising different services options, so you can choose the level of support which best suits your needs:
- Our core service provides business process mapping and system set up, ensuring your authority can implement the module successfully at the basic level. This includes a planning session, on-site review and implementation approach.
- Our additional support options enhance the implementation process, to help you realise the full benefits of the enhanced functionality, including:
- user training
- on-site consultancy
- portal configuration and training
- configuration of GIS v4
- supported User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- amendments to/creating new letters and reports